Respect Life Committee
Saint Peter Church
221 First Capitol Drive
St. Charles, Mo. 63301
Who We Are:
We are Catholics committed to upholding the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death. We work to promote the good news of the Gospel of Life.
What is Our Mission:
Our Mission is to build the Culture of Life in our parish, community, nation, and world through prayer, education, and peaceful activism.
What We Do:
- Monthly 8:00am Respect Life Mass on 2nd Saturdays
- Annual National Night of Prayer on December 8th 8:00pm
- Spring and fall 40 Days for Life prayer vigil at Planned Parenthood on Forest Park
- Annual Life Chain in October along Highway 94 at St. Roberts church
- Eucharistic Adoration, available Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Pray at Planned Parenthood on Saturdays from 7:30-8:30am
- Annual Naming and Commendation Mass for babies lost prematurely for whatever cause.
- Promote the parish school 8th Chastity essay contest
- Distribute educational materials – pamphlets, news items, bumper stickers, pins
- Educate through Sunday bulletin announcements
- Support local pro-life charities with financial support
- Initiate drives to contact Legislators about important life issues
- Support and walk in the annual March for Life in Washington, DC – January 22
- Promote and attend the annual Archdiocesan Pro-Life Convention
- Assist in voters registration
What Is Involved?
Our committee meets briefly once a month after the monthly Respect Life Mass to discuss and organize upcoming prayer vigils, educational opportunities, and peaceful activism.
Contact John Wilder at 636-928-4415