Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time
ALL THINGS NEW – Steadfast in Faith - Forward in Hope
Strategic Pastoral Planning Initiative for the Archdiocese of St. Louis
TWO LISTENING SESSIONS for St. Peter Catholic Church
1. Monday, October 10, 2022 / 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Parish Center Gym
2. Wednesday, October 12, 2022 / 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Parish Center Gym
You can register to attend one for our listening sessions, at https://allthingsnew.archstl.org/. Due to limited seating, registration will close once the room's seating capacity is reached or by 6:00 pm the night before. There will not be additional opportunities for Listening Sessions.
The Listening Session will be facilitated by a volunteer from a different parish. You can expect:
• A pre-recorded message from Archbishop Rozanski
• A pre-recorded message from Fr. Chris Martin, Vicar for Strategic Planning,
• An overview of All Things New,
• A Planning Area overview and,
• Multiple DRAFT Model Options to consider for our respective Planning Area.
A brief time will be allowed for small group discussion and facilitated large group feedback.
How can I prepare for the Listening Session?
• The Archdiocese has created a Parish Workbook specifically for St. Peter Parish as a resource.
• The Workbook incorporates data gathered over the past twenty years from 1) the Archdiocese; 2) parishes in our Planning Area; and 3) St. Peter Parish.
• Our Parish Workbook is posted on https://allthingsnew.archstl.org for anyone to view.
By way of overview and update:
• In the process of organizing this planning activity, the Archdiocese has been divided into 15 planning areas. We are a part of what is referred to as Planning Area #9.
• At the present time, our planning area is comprised of 8 parishes: St. Francis Assisi in Portage des Sioux, St. Charles Borromeo, St. Peter, St. Cletus, St. Robert Bellarmine, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, All Saints and Sts. Joachim & Ann.
• Our planning area currently has five elementary schools: St. Charles Borromeo, St. Cletus, Sts. Joachim & Ann, Seton Regional, and All Saints.
• The planning process has reached the point of having developed a set of models for reconfiguring parish communities and has articulated an estimate with regard to the number of schools for the future for each planning area.
• These models were presented to all the priests on August 19th. More recently, the models were presented to all of the clergy and the Key Parish Leaders from our Planning Area at a joint meeting on Tuesday evening, September 27th.
• The models are still considered to be in DRAFT form and can still evolve. These models are what will be presented for your consideration at the two Listening Sessions, scheduled for our parish on Monday, October 10, and Wednesday, October 12.
• At present there are four models offered for consideration for our planning area.
What if I cannot attend one of the Listening Sessions?
After the final listening session in each planning area, the Archdiocese of St. Louis:
• Will make public the content presented at all the parish’s Listening Sessions in that planning area and
• Will offer an additional opportunity for parishioners to provide open-ended feedback through an online survey. The survey will remain open until December 31, 2022.
Parishioner feedback to the Models is critical, as it will be used to help shape the future of the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
Let us pray for the gift of true discernment so that we may continue to do the Will of God in all things.
Sincerely yours in Jesus,
Fr. John Seper