Twenty-Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time
ALL THINGS NEW – Steadfast in Faith - Forward in Hope
When are the Listening Sessions at St. Peter Parish?
How do I register to attend?
The Archdiocese of St. Louis will host two Listening Session here at St. Peter Parish:
• Monday, October 10, 2022 / 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Parish Center Gym
• Wednesday, October 12, 2022 / 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Parish Center Gym
You can register to attend one for our listening sessions, beginning mid-September at https://allthingsnew.archstl.org/. Due to limited seating, registration will close once the room's seating capacity is reached. There will not be additional opportunities for Listening Sessions.
The Listening Session will be facilitated by a volunteer from a different parish.
You can expect:
• A pre-recorded message from Archbishop Rozanski
• A pre-recorded message from Fr. Chris Martin, Vicar for Strategic Planning,
• An overview of All Things New,
• A Planning Area overview and
• Multiple DRAFT Model Options to consider for our respective Planning Area.
A brief time will be allowed for small group discussion and facilitated large group feedback.
How can I prepare for the Listening Session?
• The Archdiocese has created a Parish Workbook specifically for St. Peter Parish as a resource.
• The Workbook incorporates data gathered over the past twenty years from 1) the Archdiocese; 2) parishes in our Planning Area; and 3) St. Peter Parish.
• Our Parish Workbook is posted on allthingsnew.archstl.org for anyone to view.
What is a Planning Area?
• A Planning Area is a geographic region with a number of parishes and schools.
• There are15 Planning Areas in the Archdiocese.
• Our Planning Area is Region 9, with eight parishes: All Saints, St. Charles Borromeo, St. Cletus, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, St. Francis of Assisi in Portage des Sioux, Sts. Joachim and Ann, St. Robert Bellarmine, and St. Peter.
What are DRAFT Model Options?
• A DRAFT Model is a proposed option for how parishes in our Planning Area could be structured.
• These models are “unfinished” because they need parishioner feedback and community insight, which can then be presented to Archbishop Rozanski for his discernment.
Will we find out which parishes / schools will be closed at the Listening Session?
• No. We will be presented with different DRAFT Models for our planning area, which may show merger options.
• Regarding Schools: The goal is to make an announcement in advance of re-enrollment time for the 2023-24 academic year.
What if I cannot attend one of the Listening Sessions?
After the final listening session in each planning area, the Archdiocese of St. Louis:
• Will make public the content presented at all the parish’s Listening Sessions in that planning area and
• Will offer an additional opportunity for parishioners to provide open-ended feedback through an online survey. The survey will remain open until December 31, 2022.
Parishioner feedback to the Models is critical, as it will be used to help shape the future of the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
Please continue to pray for the gift of true discernment so that we may continue to do the Will of God in all things.
Sincerely yours in Jesus,
Fr. John Seper