Due to the new mass schedule and the reduced number of masses at our church, we are implementing the following for mass intentions.
1. All mass intentions are $10.
2. Offerings for Mass intentions are due at the time of scheduling; intentions that are called in are due within one (1) week; otherwise, your date can be given to someone else.
3. To accommodate the many mass intentions we receive, you may schedule 4 masses per person or family, per year and no more than 2 may be weekend mass.
4. You can schedule daily masses anytime once the yearly calendar is available. Weekend masses, holy day and holiday masses may only be scheduled 3 months in advance, or when the mass schedule is available for that day. Please note only one holy day or holiday mass per year per person or family.
5. Bulk masses, i.e. from funerals, will be noted in a binder: we will keep 6 masses to be said at our parish, and the remaining masses will be sent elsewhere in the Archdiocese.
To help explain this a little better, here is an example:
Per family (my mother, sister, brother, father, aunt, uncles, children, grandchildren, etc.) I can have a total of 4 masses per year. I cannot have 4 masses said for my mother and 4 masses for my father, and then masses for living and dead members of my mother’s family and 4 for my father’s family, etc. Only 2 can be requested to be on a weekend and no more than one can be requested for a holy day or holiday mass.
Additionally, if I request 4 masses for my family, and someone else wants to request a mass for our family, any masses more than 4 in one year, will be sent elsewhere in the Archdiocese.
For mass intentions already scheduled that need to be moved, our office will contact you. Please do not call the office, let us contact you as we are working our way through the masses for the remainder of this year.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we adjust to the new mass schedule.