St. Peter Parish is seeking a Part-Time Maintenance Helper/Custodian. Role includes, but not limited to:
Provides coordinated janitorial services in the parish buildings. Provides set-up and cleaning services for evening or weekend activities in the parish facilities. Performs required maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, and filter changes. Grounds work may include mowing, pruning and ice & snow removal with grounds equipment.
- Cleans church and other parish or school buildings. Mops and vacuums floors, cleans bathrooms, washes windows and performs other cleaning activities as directed. Inspects and cleans walls for graffiti and markings, etc.
- Maintains grounds: mows, waters and edges lawns; performs snow removal with hand shovels, blows walkways, weeds, prunes and rakes as directed on a seasonal basis.
- Performs minor maintenance of the rectory, church, school and/or other church buildings as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs scheduled monthly, semiannual or annual janitorial duties, i.e., floor waxing, painting, window washing, carpet cleaning, etc., as directed.
- Provides other general assistance as needed through set-up of tables and chairs in facilities, as requested.
- Hauling and moving items and picking up parts or other equipment as requested by staff.
- Collects and disposes of trash and garbage.
- Reports cleaning and grounds maintenance inventory needs to supervisor.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies for lighting and cleaning and reports needs to Supervisor or Business Manager.
To apply, contact Mary Lorenz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 636.344.7001.