Mass and Anointing of the Sick Saturday, March 6, at 8:00 a.m. Mass
This is a special invitation to all who are in need. According to the Rite:
• The Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick is given to those who are seriously ill.
• The Sacrament may be repeated if the sick person recovers after being anointed and then again falls ill or if during the same illness the person’s condition becomes more serious.
• A sick person may be anointed before surgery whenever a serious illness is the reason for the surgery.
• Elderly people may be anointed if they have become notably weakened even though no serious illness is present.
In order for us to offer this Mass with the Anointing of the Sick, the following Archdiocesan guidelines are to be followed:
• Wearing of face masks during the entirety of Mass except at the moment of receiving Holy Communion;
• Use of hand sanitizer; and
• Maintaining six feet social distancing requirement.